The most common reason for Scout not showing up in the app is due to initial GPS lock not being achieved.
To achieve GPS lock take the following steps:
- Take your Scout OUTSIDE away from any buildings or trees.
- Turn the Scout OFF by pressing the power button located at the bottom to the right of the charging port. (If you have a vehicle version of Scout without the rubber insert, the power button is the small hole to the right of the charging port. You can press it using the head of a pen or paper clip.)
- Turn the Scout back ON
- Wait for the three LED lights on the left to blink in unison. This initial GPS and Cell lock may take several minutes depending on your cell service signal and the position of the GPS satellites in space which can vary depending on location and time of day.
- Once all three lights blink in unison open your app and press the “locate” button in the top left of the screen. The app should locate your Scout within 60 seconds.
Once you’ve achieved this initial lock, Scout should be able to report location with no problem moving forward.
MY SCOUT STILL DOESN’T LOCATE
If your Scout has all three lights blinking in unison but still does not locate in the app, follow these steps:
- Open the app and open the settings for your Scout. Scroll to the bottom and choose “Delete Scout”.
- Log out of the app and log back in.
- Add the Scout to your app again.
- Navigate to the home screen and press the “locate” button.
MY SCOUT’S LED LIGHTS WON’T BLINK IN UNISON.
If your Scout’s LED lights won’t blink in unison after a few minutes, lay it on a flat surface out in the open and give it 15 to 30 minutes to achieve GPS lock. Again, the GPS satellites may be in a particularly bad position at that time so more time may be needed.
If your Scout still doesn’t achieve GPS lock, contact support to schedule an exchange for a new device. You can contact support at 1-800-281-2475 or via email at email@example.com.